Our current range of Bowers & Wilkins Custom Installation (CI) speakers is here. These have all been designed with installers & integrators in mind, and to give their clients the Bowers & Wilkins' signature sound but without visual impact in a room.
Four basic ranges:
- CI300 Series - Flexible
- i.e. the entry-level range for every-day performance
- The materials in the speakers are better suited to high-humidity rooms, such as indoor pools and bathrooms
- CI600 Series - Performance
- i.e. the core range with installer-friendly features and more options for things like stereo-in-one or reduced-depth
- CI700 Series - Reference
- i.e. performance to match the 700-Series of boxed speakers, designed to impress from the lowest visual impact
- CI800 Series - Diamond
- i.e. best-of-the-best, because you're worth it
CCMXYZ or CCMX.Z or CWMXYZ or CWMX.Z
C: In-Ceiling, W: In-Wall
X: 3 (CI300 series), 6 (CI600 Series), 7 (CI700 Series) or 8 (CI800 Series)
- i.e. Higher number = better.
Y: main driver size
3 = 3"
5 = 5"
6 = 6"
8 = 8"
Z: range-within-a-series = varies from 5 (most basic in that series & size) to 2 (best in that series & size)
- i.e. Lower number = better.
There may also be numbers or letters after the main product code:
- SR: Stereo-in-one speaker
- Allows you to use one speaker in a room, rather than two
- Has twin tweeters & twin 8Ω speaker terminals
- RD: Reduced Depth
- Currently only the CCM663RD
- Gives a 92mm depth, rather than the 133mm depth of the normal CCM663
- S2: Series 2
- Updated/improved version of the original, or to match Series 2 for the normal boxed speaker range
- CWM7.3 S2 is designed to match the performance of the 703 S2 floor-standing speakers
- D: Diamond
- Diamond dome tweeter, one of Bowers & Wilkins' signature features