Note - this was originally posted for the GME TX6155 & TX685, but still applies to TX6160 models.
Mikey made this video to help a customer out, so it's a simple "How-To" for the process. More detailed information is below.
If you want to find out for your specific GME radio, use their search here: https://www.gme.net.au/search.aspx
CTCSS and DCS Code Selection
The radio is fitted with both CTCSS and DCS systems. There are 50 CTCSS tones and 104 DCS codes.
The DCS codes and the CTCSS tones are accessed through the same menu (refer the following table).
When CTCSS tones are being selected, ‘CT’ is displayed. To access DCS codes, scroll past CTCSS tone 50 until ‘DT’ is displayed.
To select a CTCSS or DCS code:
- Select the required channel.
- Press and hold the Menu key until the radio beeps. ‘CT’ (for CTCSS) or ‘DT’ (for DCS) will be displayed.
- Press the ▲ or ▼ keys to select the required tone/code.
- To select CTCSS tones 01 to 50 press the ▲ or ▼ keys while ‘CT’ is displayed. When a CTCSS code is selected the icon is displayed.
- To select DCS codes, hold the ▲ or ▼ key to scroll past CTCSS tone 50 until ‘DT’ is displayed. Now use the ▲ or ▼ keys to select the required DCS code 001 to 104. When a DCS code is selected the icon is displayed.
- To return to CTCSS tones hold the ▲ or ▼ keys until ‘CT’ is displayed again.
- To turn the CTCSS/DCS tones off, hold the ▼ key to step to the end of the code list until 'oF' is displayed.
- Press the PTT switch to confirm and store your selection. The (CTCSS) or (DCS) icon remains on the display to confirm the code system you have selected.