IP cameras work best when they are connected to the network. but some installations might call for a simply stand-alone CCTV setup. Follow these steps if you are going to be using the NVR as a stand-alone CCTV security system and don't care about connecting the NVR to your local network or accessing it via the internet.
- Make sure all your connections between NVR and IP Cameras are correct, including power to the cameras.
- Boot up the NVR
You will not get any picture from any cameras unless you go through the initial setup.
- Set up the NVR
- Using the included mouse, right click anywhere on the screen and navigate to Start > Login
- Login with user: admin and no password.
- Choose your language
- Choose your video format (PAL for Australia) and your screen resolution (1920x1080 recommended)
- Network Setting:
Change this to 192.168.1.187
If you are happy with the settings you can check "Don't show again" so it doesn't pop up on the next restart.
- Add Cameras
- Right click and choose "IP Channel Setting" and then "Auto"
- Check both I8 and I9 and then click on OK.
- Once the operation is complete you will see all your cameras active